Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Update

(Just Barely Best Friends, Fly, Baby Bird, Fly!, Redirecting the Bird, What Now?)

A couple of people have emailed me asking how it's going at School A. I'm pleased to announce it's going great. Okay, so it did take two teachers to get Ella off of me when I dropped her off on the first day, and she did scream so loudly that she scared another child who also started crying, but the director told me after I left she went potty and then went on to have herself a good day at school. I guess a good pee really lifts the spirits. When I picked her up after school the second day she told me, "Mommy, I'm so proud of myself." "Why?" I asked. "Because I went to school today!" She continues to be proud of herself as well as excited about her new school.

Ella had Rodeo Monday and seems to have gotten a good deal of wheeling out of her system. Music starts today--is it too much to hope that after one lesson she will no longer feel the need to run around the house smacking a tambourine with a spoon?

The snack fee at School B has been a cause for concern for some readers. No, they wouldn't give me any of my money back so that was, indeed, an $80 graham cracker that Ella ate on her first and only day there. I hope she at least got some stuck in her teeth for later.
And guess what Ella had for snack on her first day at her new school? A graham cracker! No lie. Damn you, graham cracker, why must you taunt me? On our designated snack day I'm at least bringing s'mores.

Addison continues to look for her sister, but has taken to finding solace in the cat. She likes to latch on to his fur and try to eat his face while grabbing at his tail. The cat plans to start school three mornings a week with Ella as soon as they can find an opening for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment